Friday 17 April 2009

What a fab day I've had! Isn't it lovely when nice surprises come your way?! The super talented beader Lynn Davy used some of my silver beads in this necklace and it won a competition on Beading Daily. The necklace also includes some lovely lampwork beads by Heather Webb, Bumpy Beads. I am so excited, plus it reminded me that I need to send Lynn's order to her!!

I also received a present in this morning's post from Ingrid at Brunties Beads. I bought one of her lovely Fairies a while ago for my little girl and she features in this calendar (the fairy, not my little girl!!). Ingrid's beads are beautiful and the detail on the fairies is staggering considering the size of them. I'm always blown away by the talented lampworkers I know.

I finally got to run the bronze program on my kiln today, and have left it cooling down at the studio. This is the hard bit, being patient! I'll be back down there tomorrow to see if the work survived.

No comments: