Monday 2 March 2009

First official working day at the studio

Hooray!!!!!! I've just spent my first proper day at the studio making things rather than unpacking. I have to admit that after over 2 weeks of not using metal clay, I sat down and had completely forgotten what to do! I had to take a few deep breaths and get my brain working.


It was also strange getting used to working in a different way. Usually I grab an hour here and there to make or sand or fire. This is the first time I can ever remember having a whole day to just be creative. I had to re-think my usual working method!


Today, I finished off lots of the pieces that I've had hanging around for a while in an unfinished state. I also had some soldering to do for a friend, and some pieces that needed tumbling - it was all go!


Here are the pieces that came out of the tumbler

I'm hopefully going to get another 2 days there this week, which will be fab - now that the half finished projects are out of the way I can get on with creating new pieces. I'm building up stock to launch me Etsy store and re-launch my Folksy store, so be prepared, there may be a lot of pictures on here this week!

5 comments:

Debbs said...

They are great!, did you fire them in a kiln?

Rebecca Crabtree said...

Thanks, yes they are kiln fired. Becci xx

Nicola said...

Lovely they came out really well.
Like the roll bezel, looks really elgant :)
Nic xx

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

WOW.. they came out gorgeous!! xox

TinyPixi said...

They're gorgeous!! :)