Thursday 1 January 2009

Finally, a new year!

I'm glad to see the back of 2008, so here's to being happy, healthy and positive for 2009!

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who's supported me and bought from me during the last 12 months. I still get really excited with every sale!

So what's new - being poorly the last few weeks has meant that I've sat down and tried to think about how to drive things forward for the next 12 months. I don't do resolutions because they just get broken! So I've worked on what I'm going to sell, where I'm going to sell it and how I'm going to market it. I've done some experimentation through 2008 with ideas and products to see what works and what doesn't. Now I just need to focus and try to achieve a the goals I've set for the business.

I've set up a Fired Silver shop on Etsy. I've sold on Etsy before (under a different name), but have brought my range all under the one brand. There's nothing in the shop at the moment, but at least it's there and all the boring policy stuff is written.

I've also set up a group on Yahoo, I'll use this as a sort of fan club - someone else's description, not mine! I will use it as my mailing list and it's the people who are registered there that will receive updates on newly listed items, special promotions and sales etc. If you'd like to join, please go to Join my Mailing List Don't worry, you won't be bombarded with emails, just one or two per month.


Finally, a picture! I made this ring as a birthday present to myself. I will be listing these for sale though, as I really loved making it. They'll be custom made and the purchaser will be able to choose from a range of stones.



1 comment:

Debbs said...

Thats lovely! How do you make the perfect shape? I am wasting so much clay, every time I try to do a ring, it looks great and then dries with a crack or cracks when I take it off the ring mandrel and falls in half, I am following the instuctions in my book but just can't get it right! Any tips?? please :)